Loving mothers do so much for their children, continuing to offer them guidance and advice far into adulthood. Whether you want to honor your mom or a special woman this Mother’s Day, you know that one of the most priceless gifts is that of time. When you give someone time to wind down, to relax, to reflect and to be pampered, it’s among the most thoughtful of all gifts. That’s part of the reason women adore getting treated to spa days. It’s time just for her.
To make a spa gift incredibly special, fly her away to an exclusive destination in which they’re located! We have found some of the most elite spas in the US in which any woman would love to lose herself for a day.
Spa at Squaw Creek, Lake Tahoe, California
Spa at Squaw Creek is one of the most luxurious spas in the Tahoe area, according to Condé Nast. Anyone would welcome the natural healing ambiance at the spa with services like deep tissue, hot stone and altitude massages. Combine a massage with a full body skincare treatment. This is just the ticket for a glorious day of pampering.
What to try:
- Pure relaxation massage. Ninety minutes of divine, soft, nurturing massage with Swedish technique to increase circulation, calm the mind and body.
- Customized deep cleansing facial. Will leave her with a youthful, radiant glow. Deep pore cleansing, exfoliation and tailored mask treatment.
Spend Mother's Day in Lake Tahoe at the outstanding Villa Harrah. This spectacular waterfront home will feel like you’re staying at your own resort. You’ll have a private coastline, epic views across Lake Tahoe and iconic mountain silhouettes in the distance. Amenities include a sauna, indoor hot tub, cinema room and spa lounge, to name a few.
Aire Ancient Baths, New York City, New York
A woman will find it easy to revive and rejuvenate her body, mind and soul at Aire Ancient Baths right in the heart of the Big Apple. Being at Aire feels like being in ancient Rome, Greece or the Ottoman Empire when spa baths were a part of life. Aire has many experiences from which to choose, so whomever the lucky woman is who gets to be pampered here will be transported back in time while experiencing ultimate relaxation.
What to try:
- The ancient thermal bath and an hour relaxing massage (1.5 hours total).
- The wine bath. A unique and unforgettable bath where her entire body will be completely submerged in the antioxidant properties of Spanish Ribera del Duero red grapes. This experience includes the ancient thermal bath and exclusive access to the wine bath for 30 minutes. During this time she’ll receive a cranial massage and afterwards, an intoxicating, hour-long massage with grapeseed oil.
When in New York, stay in the lap of luxury at Townhouse Anastasia in the heart of Tribeca. Unique, provocative, with high-fashion refinement, this home is absolutely luscious. Comes with an indoor pool, sauna and wine cellar, to name but a few amenities.
Hotel Bel-Air Spa, Los Angeles, California
The Hotel Bel-Air has been a celebrity getaway since 1946. Its spa is hands-down one of the luxurious and private spas in LA. She’ll get the taste of old Hollywood glitz and glamor and a serene escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Just a little trivia about Hotel Bel-Air – it’s where Marilyn Monroe shot her final photo series for Vogue, where Richard Nixon wrote his memoirs, and where Oprah Winfrey celebrated her 50th birthday.
What to try:
- Bel-Air Beauty: This is the ultimate in decadence. An expert therapist will perform a soothing facial for volume and to vanquish lines. deeply hydrating and nourishing the skin to restore a youthful glow. To finish, she will enjoy an ultimate Valmont Spa manicure and pedicure to leave her hands and feet perfectly groomed and polished. This treatment lasts four relaxing hours.
- After her treatment she can spend time in the relaxation lounge lying on velvet chaise lounges covered by soft cashmere throws while enjoying some fresh fruit.
Penthouse Zeus is the place to stay in LA. It truly is a stunning 8,000-square-foot home with exquisite city views. There is a temperature and humidity controlled room for wines. In addition, an utterly incredible outdoor dining space with double BBQ and pool awaits you. There are way too many modern amenities to mention, but some include a cinema room, hot tub, and bar. Penthouse Zeus is also a smart home.
Greenhaus Day Spa, Napa Valley, California
As soon as she walks through the doors at Greenhaus Day Spa she'll be met by the soothing aromas of essential oils and the sound of comforting music. She will know she’s in for a real treat. This spa is consistently voted the best massage and best skin care spa in the Napa Valley.
What to try:
- The Well Being spa package. This includes a 75-minute customized signature facial and a 75-minute aroma candle massage.
- Mani-Pedi combo. A soothing manicure and pedicure for 90 minutes.
With a stunning mountain view in the picturesque Kenwood Valley, Villa Leanna in Napa is sure to beguile even the most discriminating luxury traveler. She will be enchanted not only by the ultra-chic home, but also by the beautifully-landscaped grounds complete with an outdoor gym, heated pool and hot tub.
The Well Spa, Palm Springs, California
This spa, in the heart of Indian Wells at the Miramonte Resort, has been one of the desert’s best bets for total relaxation. She will be greeted in a lovely way by being given a coin she can throw into the wishing well. One thing is for sure. She’ll surely get a meditative, unique experience.
What to try:
- Rise and Shine body scrub and relaxation massage. This treatment begins with an aromatic papaya pineapple bamboo body polish to deeply moisturize and exfoliate her skin and finishes with a 25-minute back, neck and shoulder massage utilizing orange blossom body moisturizer. This indulging spa experience will leave her skin beautifully polished and hydrated.
- Classic facial. Customized to address all skin types, this facial will reset and restore dull, dehydrated skin using purifying clays and calming peptides.
Surprise your favorite lady with a luxurious stay at Villa Zenyara in Palm Springs. She will definitely be wowed by this home which even has its own man-made lake! It’s surrounded by golf links and is the epitome of elite living. Its 40,000 square feet has 11 bedrooms to accommodate up to 24 guests. There are untold amenities, even your own jet skis!
At LVH your happiness is our primary concern and if we can help you to give someone you love a wonderful experience, we’re on the same page! Giving a special woman in your life something for Mother's Day that will not only delight her, but give her memories to last her lifetime is incredibly touching. Taking her on an exclusive vacation will certainly accomplish that! Please reach out to one of our client relations team members who will get plans underway to give your special lady the best Mother's Day ever!