Keep track of your running stats with a smart, stylish timepiece
Elite runners serious about taking their sport to the next level definitely need a timepiece to keep track of their progress.
If you’re training for some of the world’s most prestigious marathons such as the New York City Marathon 2022 or the 2022 London Marathon, then having one of the best running watches around is a must.
Here are three top watches to which you might give consideration when on the hunt for the ideal timepiece to keep step with your running goals.
tactix® Delta – Solar Edition with Ballistics by Garmin
If you’re looking for the cream of the crop of running/workout watches then this is the Lamborghini of the watch world. This timepiece can do almost everything but eat for you. It is a great buy if you’re the outdoors type since it has a feature for just about any kind of adventure. Here is what you’ll get:
- Multiple global navigation satellite system
- Altimeter, barometer and compass
- Topographical and ski maps
- ClimbPro for ascent planning
- Turn-by-turn navigation
- Round-trip routing
- Solar-charged battery
- Ballistics apps and night vision capability
- Sports apps
- Mountain biking metrics
- Backcountry skiing metrics
- Animated workouts like cardio, strength, yoga and pilates
- Performance metrics including recovery advisor
- PacePro to keep you on pace with adjusted guidance
- Wrist-based heart rate
- Pulse sensor
- Respiration tracker
- Body battery energy monitor showing when you’re ready to be active and when to rest
There are many more apps on this watch – too many to list them all.
Even with all its features, it’s surprisingly easy to use. And the battery charge is phenomenal with many users only having to charge once every two weeks. In a nutshell, this watch is your running mate that can help you to run faster and more efficiently. The tactix® Delta – Solar Edition with Ballistics by Garmin retails for about USD$1,400.
Coros Pace 2 Premium GPS Sport Watch
The search is over if you’re in the market for a watch focused on running only. The watch is very lightweight and has a longer battery life than many other smart watches. The dependable GPS feature has a location time of about 13 seconds. It does a great job of counting daily steps. Here’s what you’ll get:
- 16 activity modes including indoor and track running
- Run-specific metrics including power
- Built in power metrics from the wrist plus native and complete integration with Stryd power meters, 24/7 heart rate monitoring with sleep tracking, 50-meter waterproof rating
- Digital dial for easy one-finger operation; advanced training analysis and recovery recommendations; interval, structured, and strength training; intelligent stride model that learns your running form
- Built-in barometer, altimeter, and compass; GPS satellite connections (Galileo via future firmware update)
- ANT+/Bluetooth for accessories (Bluetooth for smartphones only)
- Fully customizable data screen
The Coros Pace 2 retails for about USD$280.
The Garmin Forerunner 245 Music
The Garmin Forerunner 245 won the “Best Running Watch” category at the T3 Awards 2021 – given to the very best products and services in more than 90 categories including fitness and outdoor activities. Here’s what you’ll get:
- Sync with music streaming services such as Spotify, to easily store and play your favorite songs right from your watch
- Evaluates your current training status indicating if you’re under training or overdoing it; offers additional performance monitoring features
- Adaptive training plans from Garmin coach, or create your own custom workouts on the Garmin Connect online fitness community
- Provides advanced running dynamics, including ground contact time balance, stride length, vertical ratio and more
The Garmin Forerunner 245 Music retails for about USD$350.
If you are planning on taking part in the NYC marathon 2022 on Sunday, November 6 or the 2022 London Marathon on Sunday, October 2, you will need the most exclusive accommodations to ensure you get the proper rest and relaxation pre-marathons. LVH has the most incredibly luxurious, full service homes in both New York and London. We invite you to reach out to one of our client relations team members to discuss planning your trip and how we can create a comprehensive itinerary just for you!