Give her an amazing exclusive vacation to celebrate Mother's Day
It is always so nice just to get away, put your feet up for a bit and relax. When you’re rested, get out and about and explore the universe of a new destination. A trip is a terrific way to celebrate someone or something special, too, and what could be more special than Mom, right? Any special woman in your life would relish a luxurious holiday where she’s pampered and treated like the queen she is. Before you know it, it will be Mother's Day and LVH has some ideal getaway ideas for you to really make a big impression on the lucky woman or women in your life.
Any one of these five destinations will make her heart swell!
Lots of Love in Lake Tahoe
This crystalline lake is one of the most beautiful in the world. Lake Tahoe is nature’s pure majesty and luckily Mother's Day is in the spring – one of the nicest months to visit the area. If you choose this part of the US for your Mother’s Day vacation, staying at Villa Harrah – one of the most majestic Lake Tahoe luxury villas – is an outstanding choice. With your own private stretch of coastline, you have breathtaking views of the Lake and the Sierra Mountains. This very chic home can accommodate up to 10 guests, so bring the family along for a real celebration.
Things to do:
- Cruising the lake
- Bike riding along the scenic Truckee River bike path
- Hiking in the Sierras
- Lakefront dining and trying your luck at the casino
- Helicopter flights
- Spring skiing
Don’t miss: The hot springs. Lake Tahoe and the surrounding area has many notable healing hot springs to relax and rejuvenate your body and spirit. You will definitely be glad you went and chances are good after you experience the way you feel after a hot soak in nature, you may go more than once!
Los Angeles, the City of Angels
There is just so much to see and do in LA. It has an exciting arts and culture scene, museums, fine dining restaurants and let’s not forget one of the most important things for a woman – the shopping. LA is a terrific place for the family since there are many venues that would interest younger children and teens.
Things to do:
- The Griffith Observatory, a planetarium that hosts brainy, fun shows about the universe, and, of course, there’s the 12-inch Zeiss telescope you can look through to see ethereal galaxies
- The LaBrea Tar Pits and Museum. Your children will love this. These pits are filled with tar that has been bubbling up from beneath the earth for tens of thousands of years. There are spectacular composite skeletons of many extinct species, including Columbian mammoths, ground sloths, dire wolves, North American camels, and, of course, the famous saber-toothed cat. Beyond the skeletons, there are more than a million Ice Age fossils to peruse.
- Shopping on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. Get out the credit card because there are some amazing shops on the famous stretch of tarmac including Prada, Bijan, Chanel, Hermès, Louis Vuitton, Philipp Plein and many others.
Don’t miss: Taking in a concert at the iconic Hollywood Bowl. Not only can you see the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra perform, but there is so much more to see and do here. Have a picnic on the grounds, tour the facility, shop at the Bowl Store, check out the Bowl Museum. Tuesday and Thursday night concerts are dedicated to classical music under the stars! But classical music fan or not, these concerts are designed for everyone, so it's hard to go wrong.It’s also hard to go wrong when you choose Penthouse Zeus as your LA home away from home. This penthouse is honestly one of the most beautiful we have seen. Every bit of its 18,000 square feet is wisely and fabulously utilized. The penthouse is on the 34th and 35th floors of the Level complex. With 13-foot floor-to-ceiling windows the 360-degree views are impeccable. The home also features a 165-foot pool and hot tub, a gourmet outdoor kitchen, pool and rooftop terraces and so much more.
Napa Sonoma, Nature’s Playground
The Napa Valley Sonoma area of California is lush, fragrant with grape vines dotting the valleys. Some of the country’s best wines hail from this region and that is reason enough to visit.
Things to do:
- Golf. There are eight golf courses in the area and each offer something different: Silverado Resort golf, Chardonnay Golf Club, Eagle Vines Vineyards and Golf Club, Meadowood Golf Course, Mount St. Helena Golf Course, Napa Golf Course at Kennedy Park, Napa Valley Country Club and Vintner’s Golf Club
- Hot air balloon ride. Experience private flights like never before with Calistoga Balloons, as the morning winds carry you gently above one of the most magnificent valleys on earth
- Visit Old Faithful. The world famous geyser of California is a really interesting and unique wonder to take in. Aside from the big attraction, have fun with biking lanes, serene gardens, a goat farm and a very wide picnic and play area
Don’t miss: The Napa Valley Wine Train. Travel back to an elegant age and explore Napa Valley by train. Spend the entire day on a voyage you will never forget. The train is a distinctive fine dining restaurant and museum. The exquisitely and faithfully restored vintage early 20th century Pullman cars are pure class and emulate the elegant glory days of luxury train travel of the early 1900s. Stop at a number of wineries and have dinner while rolling along in the elite dining car. All aboard!
Staying in the unaffected tranquility of Napa Sonoma may be just what everyone needs this Mother's Day. Villa Leanna is a modern, charming farmhouse in the picturesque Kenwood Valley and one of the most charming Napa Sonoma luxury homes. The almost six acres of beautifully landscaped grounds is conducive to meditative moments. By the same token, there is lots to do with a heated pool, gym, Bocce and ping pong court and a hot tub.
New York City, the Big Apple Beckons
For the nightlife, the arts, the culture, the dining and the shopping, there is no place more thrilling than New York City. There are all the sights everyone wants to see: The Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, Central Park, Grand Central Station. But there is much more. With its wonderful diverse neighborhoods – each offering something unique – you could spend months in the city and never experience everything.
Things to do:
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Take in a Broadway show
- Central Park Zoo
- Times Square
- 9/11 Memorial
- The Financial District – New York Stock Exchange, Wall Street, Battery Park
- Shopping – there are four shopping districts women love: Soho where she’ll find Dior and Louis Vuitton; midtown east, home to Saks Fifth Avenue; Bergdorf Goodman; Fendi, Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent, Cartier, Harry Winston and others; Madison Avenue on the upper east side for Hermes, Asprey Goyard and Alexander McQueen
Don’t miss: Going out on the Edge, the highest outdoor sky deck in the Western Hemisphere, with a one-of-a-kind design. It’s suspended in mid-air, giving you the feeling of floating in the sky with 360-degree views you can’t get anywhere else. Look 100 stories down from the thrilling glass floor, lean out over the city on angled glass walls and sip champagne in the sky. You will never experience New York anywhere like this.
When in a city as dynamic and intriguing as New York, staying in a home that is equally unique and dramatic is a must and Townhouse Anastasia in Tribeca is bold and luxurious. Everyone will feel comfortable in the high-fashion environment of this home. Top-flight amenities include a wine room, sauna and indoor pool.
Palm Springs, Delights in the Desert
Four mountain ranges surround the desert oasis of Palm Springs. It is a popular vacation destination for its warmth, its championship golf courses, welcoming vibe and plenty of attractions suitable for the whole family.
Things to do:
- Ride the Palm Springs aerial tramway. Standing on the edge of Palm Springs, Mount San Jacinto rises more than 10,000 feet above the desert floor and can be easily accessed with a ride on the scenic tramway
- Take a canyon hike to a waterfall. The Indian Canyons, at the south end of Palm Springs, is a popular protected nature sanctuary. Start out at Palm Canyon. This 15-mile long canyon, complete with a creek and waterfalls, is lined with large palm trees. In fact, the canyon is home to the world's largest grove of California fan palms. You’ll find a range of hiking trails of varying lengths and difficulties
- Play golf
- Explore the Coachella Valley Preserve
- The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens
- Art Museum Architecture and Design Center
Don’t miss: Tahquitz Canyon. Yes, there is flowing water in the middle of the desert. A two-mile loop leading to a 50-foot waterfall is neatly tucked into Tahquitz Canyon and it's lovely! The falls are within the Agua Caliente Band of the Cahuilla Indians reservation. The trail is maintained impeccably. We can arrange a ranger-led hike for you, if you're so inclined.
One of the most astonishing places to stay in Palm Springs is Villa Zenyara. This home even has its own man-made lake. It’s an ideal place to celebrate Mother's Day since it has room for 24 guests. This home comes with jet skis, a casino room, gym, outdoor heated pool and hot tub.
Mother's Day is the ideal time to celebrate women who are special in your life. When you want to give her the gift of luxury travel, LVH is here to take care of all the details for you. All our elite homes include full services and 24/7 support. Talk to us about how you envision pampering her on your getaway and we will get planning. We invite you to contact one of our client relations team members who will help you to begin planning one of the most memorable gifts she will ever have!